Monday, March 31, 2014

Buggy Barn Finished!

I finished my March goal and my first quarter goal too!  I got my buggy barn quilted and the binding is sewn on and we've already started using it on our couch:)

 This quilt started out as a friendship block swap.  You can read all about that here.

 For the backing, I used a cream and red ticking fabric and binding I went with a blue.  I know it's a little patriotic but all of the colors go really well with the front fabrics.

And for the quilting, I did stars and loops.  It was my first time following an actual pattern while using the long arm quilter.  It definitely takes some getting used to.  Some of my first stars kinda look like starfish...oh well!!  At least that makes it a one-of-a kind quilt.  The final size is 50x56 so it's a great lap size quilt.  I'm linking up here and here and here:
                     

Make It and Love It

5 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Caroline! I love the quilting pattern and the backing and binging is perfect match for the top.
    The first photo with your little helpers holding up the quilt is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow that looks super cool!!!! great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love the stars in your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Caroline - I seriously looove this to bits. Especially your quilting - loops AND stars, *sigh* so utterly perfect. Enjoy snuggling under this lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete