Friday, February 28, 2014

Swoon #1

I started off this month with a goal to cut out all of the white fabric for my swoon quilt and to make one block for it.  So here's what we've got:


 White fabric all cut up, check!

My first swoon block, check! 

Only 8 more blocks to go:)  I still can't get over how big these blocks are....24 inches.  One of these will make a nice wall hanging in my sewing room but gotta finish the quilt first.  I actually loved putting this block together and learned a lot about half square triangles and flying geese from this Craftsy course.  I'm linking up at Fiber of All Sorts.


4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love Swoon. I have Moda's Salt Air on standby for my Swoon quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks so pretty Caroline! And you already have made a lot of progress with all the white fabric all cut up. Looking forward to seeing more of your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the colors in your first block!! Congrats on making your goal. That's a lot of cutting!

    ReplyDelete